Monday, November 16, 2015

Life happens!

WOW! Can't believe that I haven't posted on my blog in exactly 3 years!  I still kept busy with Stampin' Up! but on a personal low key level!

So much has happened in many different aspects of my life...other than the usual busy bee stuff with three kids and a man/boyfriend (I would say Hubby or Husband but we are NOT married lol) get a cup of coffee, tea or if your like me a nice glass of (preferably a big enough glass not to have to go refill as often lol)

New job! Some may know that I am a public servant, working for Public works at the Translation Bureau, I was at DFAIT service, but won a position at the Parliament service for Debates. I won the competition in January of 2012 and it's an evening job. Evening ?!? you ask. Yes, because we translate the Hansard for the Senate and the House of Commons. Well I don't translate (I can, but not in a professional way), I work at the admin level, I take care of our freelance translators and LOVE it!

The passing of my father...oh boy back in September of 2013 my aunt called and said that my dad was admitted in the hospital and it was serious. So we drove up in a real hurry and I even got a speeding ticket...the policeman was not as understanding...we got to the hospital and I remember his reaction seeing me, my aunt and my sister arrive. What are you doing here? He asked. Well we were sent of saying that things were under control. The next day, we got a call again and things had not improved. So we went back up to Hospital, he lived in Maniwaki which was a little lest than a 2 hr drive. They tried different meds to control his situation, he had got a serious ammonia and his heart was to weak to handle the meds and the situation. He passed September 20th 2015 at 11:55 pm! The saddest day; week of my life. I had never EVER felt such a loss! I still can't believe I will never see him again, get a phone call on a Saturday night cause he is lonely all while listening to country music full blast, or calling my man Pierre to talk hockey, or my favorite time of the year to go spend Christmas with him and the kids. I miss him dearly and still have a hard time dealing with the grief. One day at a time! Miss you DAD médaime forever!
so much thanks for my dear friend Jo-Ann for helping me with this, it was his remembrance card!
Made this frame at a scrapbooking retreat! It was the last time I held his hand. The day of his passing!
And last but not least a diagnosis of a second Breast Cancer! Yup a second time! I was first diagnosed back in March of 2005 just as my youngest was almost turning 1 year old! Even though my mother had just finished a double mastectomy for a second Breast Cancer the doctor did see the need to have me tested nor have a double mastectomy. I did have a lumpectomy, 8 rounds of chimo and 28 radiation treatments. Time passed, I had it hard financially and health wise. But I worked hard, and made it...well until I was diagnosed again on June 18th 2014! I was devastated! Again, Why? I requested a double mastectomy and had to fight the doctor cause he only wanted to take the one breast away. Well I held my ground and had a double mastectomy on August 15 2014. I have been off work since then. Had four surgeries in a little over 1 year. On October 5th 2014, 45 days post surgery for the double mastectomy, I walked 5 km for the CIBC run for the cure with a dozen of my friends, family and colleagues and people I didn't know till that day. It's amazing all the support and LOVE I received since I found out I had cancer again. I then had 4 super strong chimo treatments. It was a rough time, but I stayed positive threw it all. I am so grateful for all the family and specially the friends that helped me get threw it all! and still do. Love you's all!




Fast forward a bit, my twins, yes I have twins!!! lol Roxanne and Chloé, well they graduated High School in June 2015. WOW can't believe they will be 18 in three months!!! O.M.G. where did the time go!!!
Roxanne and Adi
Chloé and Alexandre
Well that pretty much sums it up! I also have the LOML to thank cause he has stuck by me for the past 13 years and 2 breast cancers, I couldn't have survived it without his support and love! Médaime chéri
This picture was taken after my first breast cancer at his sister's wedding!
I also have a 11 yr old daughter, Audrey-Ann, she is my mini me! So helpful, loving and generous.
The view in the sky from my firepit at my trailer ''Happyplace''
I can't end this post without mentioning that the major healing process and help was my Happyplace, cause that is where I could rest, ground myself and just forget for a little while!




Sandra, Caroline and Ginette! LOVE!!!
Well I hope this didn't make you fall asleep! lol Now I will start posting things I create in my studio, my second Happyplace! You can also follow via my Facebook page or Instagram.

oh and this is my latest ''me'' pic well not so long ago! Just call me red! lol well for those who know me its my favorite color! This was taken at the trailer...its a bit longer but will see how long that lasts...lol

The most important thing to me in the past year was to heal, recuperate and survive!
Was a survivor, now I am a warrior! Find a cure and stamp out Breast Cancer!!!
Cheers and happy stamping!

No comments:

Post a Comment