Thursday, November 15, 2012

X-Mas Tree Advent calendar itty boxes countdown

Well finally, I am done!!!

I have been working on this for a week. Thank god or Jaqueline for doing the hard work of the basics for me...lolll, Jaqueline you say...well I got the base instructions from a blog called the ''My Paper Moose'', I discovered the blog last week. Her name is Jaqueline Nimrichter and she is AMAZING!!! She was offering a tutorial for around 5$ US, and it would only be available Friday. Well I paid for it and anxiously waited for the tutorial on Friday, when it arrived I couldn't wait to get home and get started.

If you want the tutorial you can get it via her website here.

Well I am so excited here goes...
I put all the pics I took of it, couldn't choose sorry...lolll. You can click on one image and view them as a slide show. I wanted to make it my own. My vision was to have a different image on every box. This was very challenging, specially that I now only own about 10 x-mas stamp sets since the big retirement of many of my x-mas stamp sets back in June, not to mention the snow flake die :(....

It took me all week just to do the top of every little box. The image sizes are 3/4'', so not many stamp sets fit on that small piece, and I didn't even have the 25 & Counting stamp set, which would have made my life so much easier, but hey do I like easy...lolll ;-). I also put on  A LOT of BLING!!! You always need BLING!!! Maybe I went overboard...lolll I would love your opinion. So leave me a comment. I would really love to know what you think, as I am a very hard critic to myself.







 






I also added the link so you can subscribe to my posts, that's if you want to follow my work.

I want to say a huge thanks to Jaqueline for you work.

Until next time... oh ya and I will be offering a class for this if you want to make one for yourself, child or even your daycare, why not make it fun for those littles ones. There's still plenty of time...lolll I have decided to make two more, I do have three kids you know. I even said to Chloé, one of my teen twins that if I put in a looney in each box, she would have 25$ by Christmas. Her twin sister Roxanne wants a different candy in each box and of course some money...lolll

Stay tuned for class info. I am thinking Sunday November 25th for a set date....
contact me at scrapdelys@hotmail.com

2 comments:

  1. This is FRABJOUS!! I love it, truly...it's not the "ordinary" ones you see year after year (not that they're not spectacular..it's just nice to see someone "up the game")

    Well done!! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - stunning work, you should be very proud and you should submit that to SU and you might win!

    Rachelle.

    ReplyDelete