Sunday, December 6, 2015

Card making and its healing powers

Some might know that I am on sick leave and healing from all the procedures and aftermaths of Breast cancer. I had the final surgery for the reconstruction at the end of October. I can't do much in the house, cause if I do...I pay for it physically! I am tired lots more than I have ever been in my life (and for those that know me, I have been working since I am 15...single mom of twins for the first 5 years...). I am not used to depending on others, have a hard time with it, but I have no other choice, I am blessed to have a really nice, helpful, understanding and loving partner, Pierre! He must really love me, cause we have been together 12.5 yrs, and we have had to battle Breast cancer twice! I find that it's way harder this time around, and I am really listening to my body, its tired I rest! Not easy, cause on the outside I look fine, where you to see me, you would never know that I am battling the aftermath of Breast cancer, chimo and breast reconstruction (I had a double mastectomy back in August 2014).

So since I can't do much, I go in my studio and craft, cause crafting has many benefits, and for me at the moment, they are healing benefits! The satisfaction of creating a beautiful cards is so rewarding! So last night I crafted till 4 am! and was up at 9am...another side effects is the lack to be able to have a good nights sleep!

At the end of this post you will find all the products I used for the cards I am sharing, Not in list is any cardstock, ink pads, big shot, and other supplies to use big shot, and any adhesive.


This is the last card I did at 4am.
Colors used, Whisper White, Real Red.
This one I cased from Sarah Wills you can see her card here.
Colors used, Marina Mist, Mossy Meadow, Whisper White and Real Red.
This one I did today, before supper! I cased it from Kim Price you can see her card  here.
Colors used Real Red, Whisper White, Mossy Meadow.


I had fun making my own sequins since I haven't purchased any yet!
Pour mes francophones, voici les cartes que j'ai fait pendant la fds. Si vous désirez venir faire une carte ou plusieurs en particulier, il me fera plaisir de vous préparer un atelier à votre mesure et votre budget.

So there you have this weekend's creations!
Happy Stampin'






Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment