Monday, March 27, 2017

With Sympathy - Flourishing Phrases - Stampin' Up!

I just love how black pops on white of very vanilla cardstock! Having to make a sympathy card in the moment when you need it is not an easy task. So that's why I included at least one in my 12 cards in a Golden tin Workshop. Of course, the card could be swapped for a ''Thinking of you'' or a number of other sentiments. Even swap out the black for another color and you have yourself a Mother's day or Birthday card.

So here is card #3 for my 12 cards in Golden Tin Workshop.
My Tip is to cut out your centerpiece framelit using the basic black cardstock layers, that way you save on cardstock and it doesn't even show since your adding a layer to hide it.

I just tucked the ribbon under my sentiment layers using Multipurpose Liquid Glue.


RECIPE:
  • Card base - Very Vanilla, cut 51/2'' x 81/2'', scored at 41/4''
  • Layers
    • Basic Black - 4'' x 51/4'' (cut your framelit using this piece)
    • Moroccan Designer Series paper - 37/8'' x 51/8'' (make sure to cut paper so that the design of the DSP in the direction you want it)
    • Basic Black - 33/8'' x 45/8''
    • Very Vanilla, cut 31/4'' x 41/2''
  • Sentiment
    • Basic Black
    • Delightful Dijon
  • Stamp set
    • Flourishing Phrases - Éclosion de pensées (FR)
    • Rose Wonder - Essence de rose (FR)
  • Ink
    • Versamark (I didn't have Delightful Dijon)
  • Embellishments
    • 5/8'' Burlap Ribbon (*good way to use scraps when you have them)
    • Very Vanilla 1/2'' Lace Trim
I hope you liked my card! Thanks for stopping by, leave me a comment, I would love to hear from you! Until next time!

****UPDATE****
Totally forgot to give credit to inspiration:

I cased the card from Shannon Jaramillo, you can find the blog post here. I am definitely going to be checking her out frequently, she does card sketches, and if ever you're in a creative block, those can help a lot.
This her card!















No comments:

Post a Comment